St. James Episcopal School is located in downtown Del Rio, across from Greenwood Park, and it adjoins the property of St. James Episcopal Church. The campus provides space for the main school building and school office, the annex building which houses our 4th and 5th grade classrooms, the Fine Arts building, the Lunchroom/Church Parish Hall, the Church office, the Chapel, the playground, the outdoor garden classroom and the Magnolia Tree Courtyard.
The school was founded in 1955, however the main school building was not built until 1970. From 1955 - 1970 classes took place in the church's Parish Hall and other church buildings. In 1987 the 4th and 5th grade building was built and in 2013 the Fine Arts building was added. Multiple renovations have taken place over the years making St. James into the school it is today.
August - May
M-F 7:30 am - 4:00 pm
M-Th 9:00 am - 2:00 pm